Deadline to apply: February 15, 2021
The Professional Pen (TPP) is a script consultant agency based in Los Angeles, CA that helps creatives develop their content for the screen. TPP is hiring a college credit-based, virtual Intern for the Summer semester to support the growth of its online community and creative projects.
The Intern will contribute to TPP's social media platforms and blogs by writing SEO-targeted blog posts and coordinating content distribution on its social media platforms. The Intern will
- Write bi-weekly blog posts
- Maintain TPP's Pen Pals Facebook Group
- Maintain TPP's Twitter Account
- Maintain TPP's bi-weekly newsletter
- Schedule YouTube content
- Currently be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year institution receiving an associates, graduate or undergraduate degree. This is a credit-based internship. Interns need to contact their on-campus Internship Coordinator to ensure credit will be received. If there are any forms, TPP needs to fill out on the student's behalf, it shall be done so upon commencement of the internship program.
- Have experience and/or interest in the entertainment industry, preferably screenwriting.
- Be CREATIVE!
- Be technically savvy.
- Be familiar with the following applications and platforms: Canva, Facebook, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Twitter, Weebly, YouTube.
- Must have a Facebook Account.
- Be self-starters with initiative, know how to follow-up and follow-through, and have an exceptional grasp of the oral and written language.
- Have access to a computer, stable wifi and a working email address that is checked multiple times/day.
- Applications are due February 15, 2021.
- Applicants will be notified of next steps no later than February 20, 2021.
- Selected Applicants will be asked to complete a project by March 1, 2020.
- Finalists will then move on to the Interview phase. All interviews will be virtual.
- Finalists will be notified of decision by March 25, 2021.
- The Internship begins April 1, 2021. The internship will be virtual.
- The wealth of knowledge and guidance from Shannan E. Johnson, The Professional Pen. Check her bio for her areas of experience and expertise.
- Bi-monthly meetings to develop the Intern's area of interest, career goals, and plan of action post degree.
- The ability to join in on production and notes calls to learn more about the industry.
- The ability to creatively add value to the TPP brand.