Deadline to apply: February 10, 2023
The Professional Pen (TPP) is a script consultancy based in Los Angeles, CA that develops screenwriters from idea to pitch to build more confident storytellers and prepare them for a professional screenwriting career. TPP is hiring a college credit-based, virtual Interns for the Spring semester to support the growth of its creative projects.
- Events Intern
The Intern will:
- Research, create spreadsheets, track budgets, agendas, registration and other needs for TPP events + misc. administrative tasks.
All Interns must:
- Currently be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year institution receiving an associates, graduate or undergraduate degree. This is a credit-based internship. Interns need to contact their on-campus Internship Coordinator to ensure credit will be received. If there are any forms TPP needs to fill out on the student's behalf, it shall be done so upon commencement of the internship program.
- Have experience and/or interest in the entertainment industry.
- Be CREATIVE!
- Be a task master and work well independently.
- Be self-starters with initiative, know how to follow-up and follow-through, and have an exceptional grasp of the oral and written language.
- Have access to a computer, stable wifi and a working email address that is checked multiple times/day.
- Be sufficient in the following applications and platforms: Canva, Google Sheets, Mailchimp
- Applications are due February 10, 2023.
- Interviews are scheduled for the week of February 12th. All interviews will be virtual.
- Finalists will be notified of decision by February 20, 2023.
- The Internship begins February 27, 2023 and ends May 31, 2023. The internship will be virtual.
- The wealth of knowledge and guidance from Shannan E. Johnson, CEO + Head Consultant of The Professional Pen. Check her bio for her areas of experience and expertise.
- Monthly meetings to develop the Intern's area of interest, career goals, and plan of action post degree.
- The ability to attend all TPP virtual events and have access to the TPP Workshop Library.
- The ability to creatively add value to the TPP brand.