THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Editing Internship Deadline to apply: September 13th
The Professional Pen (TPP) is a script consultant agency based in Los Angeles, CA that helps creatives develop their content for the screen. TPP is hiring a college credit-based, virtual Interns for the Fall semester to support the growth of its creative projects.
- Editing Intern: For those with experience in editing short-form content like trailers, reels, and TikTok videos with an interest in the entertainment industry. Ideal candidate loves editing, can quickly learn and mimic TPP's style, and can quickly turnaround content.
The Editing Intern will:
- Create short form content for TPP using TPP footage for demos, reels, TikToks, YouTube and more.
All Interns must:
- Currently be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year institution receiving an associates, graduate or undergraduate degree. This is a credit-based internship. Interns need to contact their on-campus Internship Coordinator to ensure credit will be received. If there are any forms TPP needs to fill out on the student's behalf, it shall be done so upon commencement of the internship program.
- Have experience and/or interest in the entertainment industry.
- Be CREATIVE!
- Be self-starters with initiative, know how to follow-up and follow-through, and have an exceptional grasp of the oral and written language.
- Have access to a computer, stable wifi and a working email address that is checked multiple times/day.
- Be sufficient in the following applications and platforms: Canva, Editing Software, Vimeo, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok
- Have your own editing software.
- Applications are due September 13, 2021.
- Selected Applicants will be asked to complete a project by September 20, 2021.
- Interviews are scheduled for September 27, 2021. All interviews will be virtual.
- Finalists will be notified of decision by September 29, 2021.
- The Internship begins October 4, 2021. The internship will be virtual.
- The wealth of knowledge and guidance from Shannan E. Johnson, CEO of The Professional Pen. Check her bio for her areas of experience and expertise.
- Bi-monthly meetings to develop the Intern's area of interest, career goals, and plan of action post degree.
- The ability to join in on production and notes calls to learn more about the industry.
- The ability to creatively add value to the TPP brand.
VOLUNTEER NEEDED - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Deadline to apply: TBD
The Professional Pen (TPP) is a script consultant agency based in Los Angeles, CA that helps creatives develop their content for the screen. TPP is seeking an LA-based volunteer for PA/intern duties for three (3) in-person events.
- Craft Services
- Lunch/Dinner Ordering/& Pick Up
- Photography & Videography
- COVID Screenings
THE BEST CANDIDATE
The Ultimate Side Hustle - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Deadline to apply: TBD
The Professional Pen (TPP) is a script consultant agency based in Los Angeles, CA that helps creatives develop their content for the screen. TPP is hiring independent contractors as readers and proofreaders. These are paid positions.
- Readers: For those with a thorough understanding of storytelling for the screen (both TV and film) who have an ability to give constructive criticism that is ego-free and motivates writers to express themselves more freely. Remember, The Professional Pen believes that if you develop the writer, the content will come, so all feedback must be writer-centric.
- Proofreaders: For those who have a keen understanding of the written English language AND a mastery of TV and feature screenplay formatting.
THE BEST FIT
Who is best fit for this role?
Los Angeles based creatives interested in:
All applicants must be:
Who TF has time for film school? Train with The Professional Pen. Be five steps ahead of your peers vying for development and writing assistant positions by learning:
- The TPP methodology
- The foundational skills of being an executive
- How to give objective, constructive criticism
- How to give development notes vs script coverage
- How to analyze screenplays for good writing style and execution vs story subject matter
- First Round: Applications due June 1
- Second Round: Script Coverage due June 7 - Applicants will be given scripts to cover.
- Third Round: Interviews on June 14
- Fourth Round: 2-Day Training June 28-29th
- Fifth Round: Development Notes due July 5 - Applicants will be given scripts to cover.
- Acceptance Notifications delivered July 12th
- All-Day Paid Training on July 23rd
- Contracts begin August 1
****Applicants must be Los Angeles based and available for all scheduled dates. No exceptions.